Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, April 30, 2018

Z is for Zebra: A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018

Eliana is the fiercest zebra I know.  To be honest, she's also the only zebra I know. They are fairly rare.

April 30th is the last day of the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018. It's also the last day of Primary Immunodeficiency Awarness Month. Todays blog post is written in honor of Eliana.

Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PIDD) is a group of over 300 diseases where the immune system is defective. Our immune system is our main defense against infections.  When it it doesn't work properly, simple infections can be devastating, and sometimes even fatal.

The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF) website  indicates there are approximately 250,000 people diagnosed with PI in the USA.  Thousands more are undiagnosed.  Diagnosis usually occurs after recurrent infections fail to respond to conventional antibiotic treatments.

Once diagnosed, treatment is targeted toward the specific deficiency and can include preventive antibiotics,  Gene or Stem Cell Therapy, Bone Marrow Transplants, or Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Infusion Therapy.

Eliana is treated with IVIG. Like my monthly iron infusions, IVIG takes three (3) hours administration time. I'm a middle-agged woman who tolerates my IV Iron.  Eliana also tolerates her IVIG treatments.  The difference is she is not yet three (3) years old.

What does all of this have to do with zebras?

The IDF adopted the zebra print as their awareness ribbon.  So today, in addition to writing the final post for the  A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018, I'm also sporting a little zebra print. 

Both actions are meant to honor Zebras everywhere ...especially Eliana.

#ThinkZebra #PIawareness #A2ZBloggingChallenge2018





2 comments: